Sign up for a Your Best Chess camp this Summer!
Your Best Chess provides camps throughout the year and throughout the nation during the months of October, December, February, May, June, July and August. Both "Full Day" (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) and "Half Day" (9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon OR 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.) options are available. No matter the ability level (beginning to advanced), youngsters will have an exciting time as they: learn the game of Chess, improve their game, learn new strategies/skills, rise in self-confidence, have a great class tournament experience, and tap their amazing brain WITHOUT the use of a "screen"! Your Best Chess camps are entertaining, fun and enjoyable... no boredom will be found at any of our camps! See link for details on upcoming Summer 2018 camps/locations.
Our upcoming camps:
(click on "REGISTER" for details)
Grades 1-4 9:00am-12:00pm
Grades 5-8 12:30-3:30pm
Sign up for a "Your Best Chess" class at your school.
Every one-hour class consists of a structured lesson (all skill levels are taught separately). Groups are given ample time to play actual games (youngsters in these age brackets need some unstructured time or they interpret enrichment programs as an extension of school). Plenty of time is allocated for questions and answers at the end of each class to reinforce what has been taught that day.
Our final class in every session is what we refer to as "Tournament Trophy Day". All of our chess players will engage in a four-round tournament followed by the presentation of trophies that everyone will have earned!!!! That’s right…each student will be rewarded with a trophy by simply demonstrating that they are actively learning chess!!!!! What could serve as a better learning environment?!?!?!
Current Classes throughout:
Fredrick County, MD
Montgomery County, MD
ARLINGTON COUNTY, VA
FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA
LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA
April 5 - May 31
April 4 - May 30
Apr. 6 - May 25
Jan. 9 - Mar. 13
Apr. 16 - May 21
Apr. 6 - May 25
Apr. 11 - May 30
Mar. 7 - May 23
April 3 - May 22
Want to begin a "Your Best Chess" program in your school?
Washington Metropolitan Area-Wide Scholastic Tournament
Your Best Chess organizes TWO (2) Area-Wide Tournaments each year--Fall/Winter and late Spring/early Summer. This is a great opportunity for youngsters to obtain the unique experience of playing in a Chess tournament. YOUR BEST CHESS stresses participation in an event like this, as students benefit magnificently in their academia, self confidence and self esteem.
SAT. JUNE 16, 2018... SCHOLASTIC AREA-WIDE TOURNAMENT!
CONGRATULATIONS to ALL 51 students (from 13 schools)
who participated in YBC's 2018 Summer Tournament in
8. German International School (Potomac, MD)
9. Immanuel Christian School (Springfield, VA)
10. Lane E.S. (Alexandria, VA)
11. Laurel Hill E.S. (Lorton, VA)
12. Moorefield Station E.S. (Ashburn, VA)
13. Nottingham E.S. (Arlington, VA)
1. Bannockburn E.S. (Bethesda, MD)
2. Bells Mill E.S. (Potomac, MD)
3. Brent E.S. (Washington D.C.)
4. Carroll E.S. (Southlake, TX)
5. Clermont E.S. (Alexandria, VA)
6. Covenant Life School (Gaithersburg, MD)
7. Dominion Trail E.S. (Ashburn, VA)
K - 1st Grade
1. Connor Bibbs (Dominion Trail E.S.)
2. Holden Buswell (Moorefield Station E.S.)
3. Daniel Phelan (Nottingham E.S.)
1. Donovan Wheelock (Brent E.S.)
2. Luke Nguyen (Immanuel Christian School)
3. Dominic Hayden (Moorefield Station E.S.)
1. Max Mina (Nottingham E.S.)
2. Zachary Baney (Dominion Trail E.S.)
3. Yogesh Thambidurai (Dominion Trail E.S.)
6th and Older
1. Sam Wilbur (Covenant Life School)
2. Joey Jackson (Covenant Life School)
3. Nguyen Tran (Immanuel Christian School)
1. Dominion Trail Elementary School
2. Moorefield Station Elementary School
3. Immanuel Christian School
The YOUR BEST CHESS Team
Phone: (240) 687-7655